The AM-2250 series is built on the legacy of the Aquametrix Shark and 2200 controllers. Like its predecessors it is designed to be the most flexible, easy to use, and easy to see multi-parameter controller/transmitter on the market.
24V loop powered transmitter:
• pH, ORP, conductivity & flow parameters available
• Highly visible large LCD display
• Flexible and easy calibration, including multi-point conductivity calibration for acids and bases
• 4-20mA process output with range scalling and PID Control
• Universal mounting hardware for surface, panel and pipe mounting
• Compatible with AquaMetrix models 60-series differential pH/ORP sensors, 500-series combination style pH/OR sensors, AS/ AM-series conductivity sensors, and most pulsed flow sensors
120/240VAC contoller bringing additional functionality:
• Second 4-20 mA output with range scaling and temperature or flow totalizer output option
• Three control/alarm relays with temperature or flow totalizer output option
• Backlit LCD display
Four Parameters: Select the parameter you wish to measure from the easy-to-use LCD menu on the inside front cover. Choose Conductivity, pH, ORP or Flow. The user interface was designed under the principle that the user should not need to read the manual.
Three Relays (AM-2250 only) The AM-2250 provides control of external devices using its three independent control and alarm relays. Each relay has adjustable high, low and in range set-points, cycle timer, with adjustable on and off times. This feature enables tighter control of batch processes by eliminating chemical overshoot. Third relay can be activated by temperature or flow totalizer reading as well.
Analog Outputs The AM-2250 provides two isolated, independent and scalable 4-20 mA outputs. One 4-20 mA output can be configured for PID control. Most users will only use proportional control but the integral and derivative terms are there for advanced control. The AM-2250TX contains one 4-20 mA output plus the option of PID control.
Zero Cards The AM-2250 comes complete. There are no extra costs associated with buying boards for different sensors, or buying components to achieve NEMA 4X.
Enclosure The AM-2250 is packaged in a rugged NEMA 4X polycarbonate enclosure making it ideally suited for indoor and outdoor heavy-duty applications. A mounting kit is included for surface and panel mounting. The enclosure outline makes panel-mount cutouts simple. Pipe and DIN-rail (AM-2250TX only) mounting kits are available.
One Big Display The AM-2250 features a backlit LCD display can be seen from a distance. The keypad allows easy entry of menu items and numeric values. The AM-2250TX features the same large display but without a backlight.
Calibration No other controller offers the same combination of flexibility and ease for calibration. The process value is visible during calibration so the user knows when it has settled down. Calibration of pH can be with 2 or 3 points. Calibration of conductivity can take as many as 16 points so acids and bases can be measured through their conductivity. All Calibration data is stored.
The AM-2250 replaces the Shark-120 and Shark-240. The AM-2250TX replaces the Shark TX.
AquaMetrix has been making analyzers for over three decades. In 1990 the 2200 series debuted and have been so highly regarded for their durability that most are still in use and customers still insist on sending orders for them. The Shark controller and Shark TX transmitter were introduced in 2006 as multi-parameter analyzers that switch between pH, ORP, conductivity and flow.
In the six years since Water Analytics purchased AquaMetrix the company has repeatedly asked its customers and distributors what improvements it would like to see in the next generation analyzer. The result is the AM-2250 and AM-2250TX. They boast improvements that provide just the right amount of functionality without ones that add cost but little benefit. Those improvements include:
1. A menu structure so intuitive that was designed to render the manual unnecessary.
2. A large LCD with readings visible from 30 ft away. The AM-2250 is backlit for greater visibility.
3. The most accurate conductivity circuit to date, with better than 1% accuracy over a range of 0.1 to 500,000 µS/cm.
4. Three-point pH calibration option for more accurate over a wide (>3) pH range.
5. Live readings during calibration, so the user can determine when the probe reading has settled down.
6. Up to 16-point conductivity calibration option for measuring concentrations of acids and bases.
7. PID control for fine tuning the 4-20mA
8. Spring-loaded probe wiring connector for fast, easy and snug connections.
The AM-2250 and AM-2250TX all of the same features that made the Shark and Shark TX popular for a decade. No additional circuit boards are needed to switch between sensors. All hardware for mounting on a wall or a panel is included.
We at Industrial Technical Services stock Aquametrix (Water Analytics) products in Canada for same day shipment. We also provide calibration and repair services by trained technicians.
Industrial Technical Services from Mississauga, Ontario is a single source Instrumentation and Automation company. We provide certified calibrations, PLC programming, custom controls and Panels.