The HI311 HART (Highway Addressable Remote Transducer) Serial (RS-232) Interface is designed to provide a full physical link between a HART™ field instrument and an IBM compatible personal computer.
The interface draws power from the output signals of the RS-232 serial port without causing an overload condition on any pin.
The HI311 can be used with all HART™ communication software packages which utilize RS-232, including Smar CONF401 HART™ Communication Interface.
- Fully compatible with HART™ products manufactured by SMAR and others;
- System powered: no need for external power supply;
- Tested isolation of 1500 Vdc between field instrument and EIA-RS232C adaptor pins;
- Plastic cable packaging for easy installation;
- Very low leakage current to the process network (Max 10 uA @35 Vdc);
- Standard DB9 serial port connect.