RP303 is an active element serving as interface between segments on Profibus network and ensures adequate signal levels, while guarantees the communication signal integrity. The repeater prevents signal deterioration in long distances. Essentially it receives the signal from a network segment, cleans, amplifies and transmits it to other segments. This way, the original message is preserved for all network segments. The RP303 executes this function bidirectionally. In addition, serves to galvanically isolate the segments. The RP303 increases the network availability by filtering EMI noises so that one channel does not interfere with the other or with the main trunk.
The RP303 uses the same technology of RHP303 (hub repeater with 5 channels) and it is a cost effective solution with 1 channel. It is a galvanic isolated transparent repeater that regenerates the electrical signal. The signal transmission rate is automatically identified.
As RP303 creates insulated segments, the devices can be removed and inserted during the operation. Likewise, bus electric problems and EMC disturbances on a spur do not spread to other segments.
The RP303 has a differential feature that is to work in Modbus for two communication rates in manual mode: 9.6 Kbps and 19.2 Kbps. It has an integrated terminator that can be turned on or off. The RP303 has status LEDs.
The RP303 increases the availability of PROFIBUS DP network.
- IP 20 classification;
- 1 insulated channel;
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS DP protocol versions;
- RS-485 specifications;
- Maximum 12 Mbps communication rate;
- Supports up to 31 devices;
- Supports up to 1200 m length of spur line;
- No address required;
- Integrated terminator;
- Supports Modbus protocol in manual mode on 9.6 Kbps and 19.2 Kbps;
- Ideal for use in areas susceptible to Electromagnetic Interference;
- Allows expansion of the PROFIBUS-DP/Modbus RTU network with reliability;
- Regenerates PROFIBUS-DP/Modbus RTU signals that were affected by capacitive effects;
- Protection against short circuit and its indication;
- Compact and robust construction;
- Status and error display per channel;
- Compatible with all DP cables;
- Easily extensible installations, it can be used in cascade;
- DB9 connector available for diagnostics;
- Redundant power supply (20 to 30 Vdc).
Examples of applications
- Dynamic spur lines for actuators, flow meters and pH analyzers;
- Inverters and motors;
- Motor control centers;
- Barrier for galvanic and non-insulated equipment;
- Large star/tree structured networks.
Industrial Technical Services from Mississauga, Ontario is a single source Instrumentation and Automation company. We provide certified calibrations, PLC programming, custom controls and Panels.