The “DART” Digital Reference Thermometer is the only digital thermometer available today that complies with the applicable provisions of the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO). With accuracy greater than twice that of mercury-in-glass pasteurization thermometers, the DART assures consistent processing. Unlike conventional thermometers which must be viewed at the process location, the “DART” display may be located up to 1500 feet from the sensor.
Its dual-element sensor and proprietary comparator circuitry assure fail-safe performance. Self-diagnostics guarantee continued, reliable service and an internal test feature allows for easy verification of accuracy and performance by regulators. The DART not only meets or exceeds the requirements of the PMO, it stands up to the demands of the pasteurization loop. Dual element DART sensors are built to meet 3-A standards, and are interchangeable requiring no field calibration. As with all critical temperature instruments, DARTs are calibrated to Anderson’s exacting performance requirements and are traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (N.I.S.T.).
For Retort applications, the unique features of the DART also meet the requirements of the updated 21 CFR Part 113 document covering the use of Alternative Temperature Indicating Devices (ATID’s). The DARTs’ dual element comparator circuit ensures that readings are never compromised. With the ability to locate the display up to 1500’ from the sensor, Retort process monitoring can easily be performed in the control room.
- Meets PMO Provisions
- Digital display reads to 0.1°F (0.01°C) providing precise and accurate temperature indication
- Display blanks providing failsafe performance if the differential between RTD elements exceeds .5° F; sensor fails; lead broken; electrical short
- Sensors can be easily replaced without the need to recalibrate the instrument and with no effect on the DART’s accuracy
- Degree F/C is user selectable enabling global performance
- Meets requirements for use as Alternative Temperature Indicating Device (ATID) on Retort cookers
- Quick Disconnect Receptacle (QDR) sensor connection optional for Retort and
- Non-PMO applications
Industrial Technical Services from Mississauga, Ontario is a single source Instrumentation and Automation company. We provide certified calibrations, PLC programming, custom controls and Panels.