- 0 to ±32m/s (0 to ±105ft/s) flow velocity range
- 0.5 to 236 inch pipe diameter range
- -40 to 392°F (-40 to 200°C) fluid temp
- ±1% accuracy
- 1 second response time
- USB port serial communication
- Datalogging via SD memory card
- Heat quantity measurement function
- Digital signal processing
- Improves anti-bubble characteristics
- Sound velocity measuring function
- Eliminates temperature and pressure errors
- Enables easy setup for unknown materials
- Compact and lightweight (just 2.3 lbs)
- 4.7 inch color graphic display
- 12 hour battery life
The Fuji Electric Portaflow-C FSC-4 Ultrasonic Flow Meter is a compact and lightweight flow meter, offering high performance and easy operation for the noninvasive measurement of flow rates in pipes.
Utilizing the latest electronics and digital signal processing technologies, the Portaflow-C offers high accuracy, quick response time, and outstanding anti-bubble characteristics. In addition to standard flow measurements, the Portaflow-C is capable of heat quantity measurement allowing simple management for heating and cooling applications.
The Portaflow can be used with various types of detectors applicable for small to large diameter pipe and low to high temperature. This flow meter is designed for 12 hours of continuous operation with its own built-in battery which is rechargeable in 3 hours with the supplied power adapter. An SD memory card allows flow, velocity and total data to be stored for later recall. A universal USB port permits communication with a PC to facilitate configuring the Portaflow-C as well as saving and reading data files, and a 4.7 inch color graphic display creates an easy-to-use operator interface.
The Portaflow-C applications include:
- Flow measurement systems
- Backup for an already installed flow meter system
- Water supply and sewage treatment
- Boiler-water / feed-water supplies
- Cooling water or oil
- Deionized water for semiconductor manufacturing
Transit Time Ultrasonic Flow Meters – Technology Explained
Transit Time ultrasonic flow meters are well-suited for relatively clean fluids with low to moderate aeration. These meters operate by comparing the time for an ultrasonic signal to travel with the flow (downstream) against the time for an ultrasonic signal to travel against the flow (upstream). The difference between these transit times is proportional to the flow, and the flow meter converts this information to flow rate and total. With this technology, the transducers are mounted on the outside of the pipe, providing tremendous advantages over more traditional and invasive flow measurement instruments such as magmeters, vortex meters, and turbine flow meters. These benefits include no system downtime for installation, no system contamination, no pressure drop, no moving parts, and no risk of leaks. This product is virtually maintenance free.
At least one transducer is required for this product
Industrial Technical Services from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada is a single source Instrumentation and Automation company. We provide certified calibrations, PLC programming, custom controls and Panels.