NSL-M Compact Potentiometric Level Transmitter
Continuous level measurement in metallic vessels up to 10 ft (3 meters) in height.
- Ideal for adhesive and pasty media.
- Fixed fittings conform to 3-A 74-06 Sanitary Standard.
- Stainless steel Sensor.
- Product contacting materials compliant to FDA.
Probe type process level transmitter is the compact, high temperature alternative to the LN. Accommodates Top down, bottom up and side mount installations. Measurement is temperature and pressure independent. Optional user interface MPI-200 allows field configurability of orientation, range, and signal output options.
Range of Application
- Continuous level measurement in metallic vessels up to 10 ft (3 meters) in height
- Ideal for adhesive and pasty media
- Level measurement of foaming media
- Minimum product conductivity typically from 50 μS/cm (available on request for lower values)
- Hygienic substitute for float sensors
- Process such as balance tanks and fillers
- Level measurement for both vented and pressurized storage vessels
- Level monitoring in pressurized vessels
Hygienic design/Process connection
- Fixed fittings conform to 3-A 74-06 Sanitary Standard
- Product contacting materials compliant to FDA
- Option to use Negele CLEANadapt a EHEDG compliant hygienic installation accommodates broad range of process connection adapters
- Sensor made of stainless steel (protection class NEMA 4X and IP 69 K)
- CIP-/ SIP-cleaning up to 143 °C / max. 120 minutes
- Compact and robust sensor easily accommodated on tight tank top real-estate
- Simple 2-wire sensor with 4...20 mA output signal, with M12-plug as electrical connection
- Accommodates wide range of process media with little or no required adjustment
- Individual parameter adjustment or programming via optional PC interface
- Adapts for both top down or bottom up measurement via optional PC interface
- Alarms signal (dry, internal error) user adjustable via PC interface
- PVC Molded M12 shielded cord-set
- Programming adapter MPI-200 with PC software
The potentiometric measuring principle measures the change in the voltage ratio between the electrode rod of the sensor and the metallic wall of the filled tank. An electric fl ow fi eld arises in the medium due to the conductivity of the medium and its capacitive properties. This gives rise to a voltage ratio that is proportional to the immersed part of the rod. Because only the ratio of the voltages is considered, the properties of the medium, in particular the electrical conductivity of 50 µS/cm and higher, do not enter into the measurement result. The sensor also provides information on the immersion situation of the electrode rod in the medium by means of a second, patent-pending measurement system. This system analyzes electrical resonance properties to detect foam and suppress it in the results, and to reliably prevent erroneous measurements due to adhesions.
Industrial Technical Services from Mississauga, Ontario is a single source Instrumentation and Automation company. We provide certified calibrations, PLC programming, custom controls and Panels.